Sunday, August 26, 2007

Joy in Rain




This weekend was our Lammiman Campout, an annual summer tradition. It was cold and then last night it started to rain. It rained all night and hasn't let up today. Our tent is soggy, everything damp. Even so, we enjoyed being together.
Once home, I marveled at the number of robins in the park, no doubt feasting on worms coming up for air! However, it was our larch in the backyard which really drew my attention. It is ALIVE with birds...dozens of robins, a pair of jays, several wren couples, and my favorites, little yellow canary finches. They are so brilliant in color! And all the birds are so joyful, literally frolicking through the branches and around the yard. I could watch them for hours. It lifts my spirits on this otherwise dreary day.

No comments: