Sunday, September 14, 2008

Where Your Treasure is...



AddMe.com, free web site submission and promotion to the search engines
The Fundamental Top 500

Would you like to join our e-mailing list?

Click here and write "subscribe" in the subject line.
Back to Home Page



Matt 6:19 [Jesus said] Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Matt 6:20
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Matt 6:21
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
This weekend Greg, Shalayne, Dallas and I traveled to Edmonton with my Mom to help her move her things out of storage. We are very thankful that she is home from Poland to stay, but this also means that she needed to distribute or get rid of much of her things in storage as she is now making her home with my second sister and her family and does not have the room or need of these things. I admire how she has been able to part with her 'stuff', from the time she and dad decided to sell everything and become missionaries. However, so many of her things hold such precious memories and I still want to cling to them! I constantly battle with the clutter in my home, and now I have added to it! I am trying desperately to recycle/donate/garbage something for every item I have added... a battle for sure! I am most grateful, too, for the 'new' bed we now have because of her, and other lovely items.

I also battle with the verse above, for I know that I am holding onto things that have no place in heaven. The kids and I are reading about George Muller, and I need to take lessons from his faith in God to provide for our needs without my manipulation. What a struggle!

No comments: